[A89] Re: Newcomer on-board...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Newcomer on-board...

Assembly programming on the 89 is very fun and pretty easy, especially after
programming on the z80, you will love all the registers!

> Guide (apparently this is the definitive guide to 68k programming?) In his
> introduction, Jimmy proclaims that he does not recommend Assembly
> programming on a TI-89 for a plethora of reasons. He recommends using
TIGCC.
> This is simply not an option for me however, I'm interested in assembly

I'm not sure if you mean that you want to program directly on the 89 with
as92 or if you mean that he suggests using c to program for the 89 instead
(since TIGCC handles asm as well as c). In any event I love programming
directly on the 89 with as92. What could be more cool than an assembler on
the calculator you're writing the program for? :) And because of the flash
support you can put everything into archive memory before you run the
outputted executable in case it has ill effects. I'm sure that there are a
few ppl out there like me, who only program in assembly and won't touch c. I
just think it's funner that way :)