[A89] Re: Quite in here... let's discuss something!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Quite in here... let's discuss something!

> How does the DMA of the LCD work? And is there a chance for
waitstates(slow
> RAM)?

The DMA works differently on different HW types. On HW1 calculators, it does
slow down the calculator. This is because the lcd fetches the display data
directly from ram taking away precious bus cycles....

On HW2 calculators, the lcd dma doesn't affect the performance. This is
because all writes to the led are snooped, and copied to a special buffer
for the LCD (separate from normal ram). ie the dma doesn't have to
constantly fetch the lcd data from ram and use the bus.... which leaves it
free to do other stuff...

That's all i know :)

-Greg
GForce Programming - http://gforce.calc.org