[A89] Fixing my TI-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Fixing my TI-89

I recently purchased two TI-89 calculators. I updated the operating system of
one of them by downloading the AMS (Advanced Mathematics Software) 2.05 /
Hardware Version 2.00 update from Texas Instrument's website. Once my first
calc (C1) was updated, I tried sending the new operating system from C1 to my
other calc (C2). I entered the Var-Link Menu and chose "Send Product SW". A
warning sign came up that said all the memory on C2 would be erased when the
AMS 2.05 update would be installed on it. I chose ok, and on the C2, I chose
to "Receive Product SW." C1 started sending the AMS update and went all the
way to the end (98/99% done). Then suddenly, an error popped up on C1 that
said "Error: Unregistered Flash Software Detected." I cleared the error, but
C2 (which had only flash software from TI's main site, so it was all legit)
still had the "Receive Product SW" screen on, and it has been on since then
(on C2; C1 is fine). It can't turn off, and I tried removing the batteries
(Triple AAA and watch battery that protects the RAM). Nothing seems to work.
Whenever I pop the batteries back in, the "Receive Product SW" screen pops
back up (This screen reads, on separate lines: "Texas Instruments","Press I
to install code", and "Boot 1.04 build 13.") When I press I to install code,
it reads "Waiting to Receive". I tried sending the OS update from the
computer, and again it transferred up to 98/99% before "Link Error" popped up
on the computer. C2 keeps reading "Waiting to Receive," until I pop out all
the batteries, and then it goes back to "Press I to install code". Is there
anything I can do to fix this?