[A89] Re: Copyright Issues?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Copyright Issues?

Yeah there isn't an 'i agree' radio button or anything or any mention of
redistribution on the page where you can download the rom. However it does
have a page with terms and conditions that says that anyone who downloads
them can't redistribute them or whatnot (included under the copyright
infringement). This means that anyone that wants a rom of a calculator they
don't own should download it from TI themselves I guess, doesn't make much
sense really does it? Also since its a piece of software it's automatically
covered under the copyright laws of an intellectual property. It's a gray
area,though, because when they send you an email with a previous version of
the rom and when you download it, it doesn't make you agree to any license
so legally I think they have to bring it to your attention before you use
the software. In any event I would say don't put them on your website
because, even if TI wasn't so direct in telling you before, they will tell
you to take them down (or the legal actions will start) if they see them and
I'm sure they have people that do nothing but scour websites all day long
and look for their roms.