[A89] Re: link port and sound (Was: Re: Re: Yikes! A major problem!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: link port and sound (Was: Re: Re: Yikes! A major problem!)

| Another far out though for this, is this; Design the protocoll for
| communication between the calcs, so there is a corelation between the
sound
| playing and what information you want to send to the other side. Then just
| connect both the loudspeaker and the link to the port, and hear them
| communicate, disguised to music.
| Probably even trickier then building another linkport though, but it would
| be cool. :)

That sounds at least possible to me if there is very few data to be
transferred.  Then you could just stop the sound/music for a little while
every time you need to transfer something, and start that transfer with some
code sequence so the other side knows that you're transferring.  But then
people need to build their own plugs just for this game.  And it might not
even work because the resistance of speakers is so low that the data pins
are almost directly connected to ground.