[A89] Re: A problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: A problem

At 3/22/2001 01:20 PM, you wrote:
>It IS possible in GNU C.  Read the GNU C Extensions page in the doc.
>
>And Rob, you said you had figured it out.

ya, here is the code:
void start_engine(int x, int y)
{
         int (*testmap)[x]= NULL;
         testmap = calloc (y, sizeof (*testmap));
         ... More code here
and then it is used like a normal array. It was in the faq, where i should
of looked first.

>   So what was the problem?  The char fn[]?  (should be const char *fn)

now, here is a question i have, why a pointer? it works now with myself
passing the filename as char fn[]. and I can't have it be a const, as i
might have to change it when it goes on.

ok, one more problem now, The project is getting bigger, and I still have
one bug that I can't figure out what it is.
the code is here:
http://members.verizon.net/~vze276vw/engine.zip
and load project engine
the problem is with the event handlers and the calling of the var-link screen.
Got to get going to class now, Thanks for all your help :P

----
Rob Smith
Rob's Quote of this Reset:
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support
of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw

Follow-Ups: References: