[A89] Re: Gfx People Wanted...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Gfx People Wanted...

i get ya now. probably the best way to do it would be to use 8x8 cuz the
squares would look goofy being wider than long with round checkers in the
middle. but then you run into the problem of not having a lot of room for
showing the kinged pieces. I made a sprite drawing program (SpriteDraw under
doors programs) to draw sprites oncalc so you can see exactly what they will
look like. you might have a better chance going that way so you can see what
will work and what wont. unfortunately it only does 8x8. hope that helps you
a lil.

I mean the encompassing square must be 16x10. My checkers aren't 16x10
currently, but they are all part of a square which is 16x10, with the
background colors filled in as the rest, so I guess they might be smaller. I
wanted 16*16, but that will go to 128 pixels, which is 28 pixels too big for
the 89 screen. 16x10 gives us 80 pixels, and leaves room for a 20 pixel tall
graphic at the top, but if you have a better way to use all 100 pixels, I
could 86 the graphic.