[A89] Traps...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Traps...

Hi!
I finally decided to do a straight asm program for once... pure asm/no tigcc
macros! Anyway, I thought something simple was in order, so I tried to write a
program that would slow down the calc... by creating a custom routine and
setting it up so that when the trace bit is set, the routine would do some loops
to slow down the calc...

I've got that up and running... with one problem, the routine never gets called;
in fact, the trace interrupt never happens according to vti! I set the trace bit
using move #$4000,sr, and yes I'm in supervisor mode when I do that :) I've also
made the correct entry in the vector table at the beginning of the ram...

So, I was wondering two things, 1. could someone help me with that program? I
could email it to you... It compiles to about 200 bytes. I would also love to
have someone who I could email and ask stupid questions... or get tips and
tricks on assembly language from :)

Second, Does anyone have any good info on the different traps that the tios has
built-in? I have discovered a handful  of them on my own, but I don't want to
reinvent the wheel if I don't need to...

Thanks,
Greg

p.s. I sent this twice... once from the 'wrong' email address, so I hope that
that one does not show up...