[A89] Re: TI-GCC enum question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: TI-GCC enum question

Hi!

> You may ignore this plea for help. TI-GCC seems to be more
> different than standard C than I expected...

TI-GCC is fully standard, but you obviously don't know what
is C and what is C++. Your constructions are from C++!

>  enum Bool ToF=0;  //set ToF to be of type Bool (gray.h) and initialize
to 0

Yes, C needs 'enum' before enumerated types. A workarround is

typedef enum Bool bool;

Then you can use

bool ToF=0;

>  int x=0;  //set x to be of type int and initialize to 0
>  for(;x<9;ToF=x++) //why can't x be set and initialized in the for loop?

Because in ordinary C you can't declare variables in the loop. But
you can do

int x;
for(x=0;x<9;ToF=x++);

Also, all declarations in C must be defined prior to first executive
statement.

> You have to use 'enum' to define a variable with an enum type:
> enum Bool ToF=0;

Yes, in _all_ C dialects.

> instead of standard C:
> Bool ToF=0;

This is from C++. Again, TI-GCC is _standard_ C with a lot of extension
but it supports everything from _standard_ C!!!

Cheers,

Zeljko Juric