A89: Pointers (too confusing)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Pointers (too confusing)

Hello,

      I have recently started an RPG for the 89 written in C.  I am working
on the movement engine now and am a little stuck!  I have two sprites for
each direction when the arrows are pushed so as to give some what of an
animation effect.  What I am looking for is how to make a pointer to the
current sprite so I can XOR the sprite on the screen away before changing the
coordinates and putting the new sprite down.    I have know idea how make a
pointer to a sprite such as:

static unsigned char tree_1[]=
{0x00, 0x38, 0x44, 0x44, 0x38, 0x10, 0x10, 0x00};//taken directly
from my //code, just an average tree, nothin too fancy

and be able to change the sprite that the pointer points to.  Can someone
help me please?

CalenWakefield