Re: A89: detecting the ON key

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: detecting the ON key

In a message dated 1/4/01 3:00:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, simba@inyc.com
writes:

In my program I use the following code to check whether the user pressed the
ON key:

   int key;
   if(!OSdequeue(&key, kbd_queue()) && key == KEY_ON)
       retreat = TRUE;

If the user pressed ON during the evaluation, I want the program to return
certain string (the partial answer). However, if I press the ON key, the
program returns "Error: Break", pretty much what would have happened in a
BASIC program. Is there a way to intercept the error message and return what
*I* want?

l'm going to eat dinner here in a minute, so l'd have to answer completely
later but l know that one of the interrupts (1 thru 7) deals with the ON key;
you can read an address to see if ON is pressed and then you write to it to
acknowledge it or something...