[A89] Re: pseudo-random numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: pseudo-random numbers

> Does anybody know an effective way to get pseudo-random numbers in an nostub
> assembly program? I've tried to figure out how to use the push_rand function
> (which is the ti-basic rand() function, right?), but I can't figure out how
> to get the result off of the expression stack, if that's where it is stored.
> Does anybody have any tips?

The TIGCC package has randomize() and random(), but I don't know how to use them
from an assembly program. You should be angle to look in stdlib.h to find out
though.

--
 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org

- "Very clever idea, though."
- "What is?"
- "Asking the questions when people arrive. If anyone was coming here to
   do some subversive overthrowing, everyone'd be down on him like a pound of
   bricks as soon as he answered 'Yes'."
- "It's a sneaky trick, isn't it," said Angalo, in an admiring tone of
   voice.
        -- The nomes encounter American customs regulations
           (Terry Pratchett, Wings)

Follow-Ups: References: