Re: A89: when i say JUMP, you say WHEN?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: when i say JUMP, you say WHEN?

Should I just shoot my self now? Or let someone else...

when placed OUTSIDE of a function, this works very nicely with the
appropriate extern statements....

asm("JUMPSTART:
      jmp Alternate
      JUMPEND:");

I have had previous experiences that make me wary of putting labels out side
of function... I was using them to calculate function size... When
optimization is turned on, there is no guarantee that a label will stay
where it is. I also didn't think about the fact that more than one statement
could be included in an asm(""); call...

I think that i may set up an extra email account someplace so i can email
myself with stupid questions... Then think about it before sending a
!(well_thought_out) message

Thanks, James for your persistent yelling at me...
Greg