Re: A89: when i say JUMP, you say WHEN?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: when i say JUMP, you say WHEN?

I'm not sure that i was real clear, I need to know how the op-code is put
together for a jmp to  address x...

I've tried using vti, but I don't know how to decipher what it gives...
something like  code 03FEC2  is equal to JMP $40002
first off there isn't enough bytes in $0CFEC2 to even represent $40002!

Basically, I know that on an TI-86 one could fill up part of a program with
NOP's and later copy code into that area of the prog and execute it...
and the format was something like opcode for jp; next byte(s) address to
jump to...

What i'm trying to do is almost the same thing (but different enough that I
cannot just say some where jmp thatlabel and just copy it to where i want
it...

Greg
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't
get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a
hammer.
-- IBM maintenance manual, 1925