A89: Re: Miscellaneous Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Miscellaneous Questions

>The first is, Is there a function or some code that some one can give me
that
>will allow me to wait a certain number of seconds or a given time period
and
>then excetute the next command?  I used to use "dead" for loops in TI-BASIC
>but doing this in C is too fast and i would need a VERY large variable to
do
>this.  Any ideas?

Check out the system.h header file... OSFreeTimer,
OSRegisterTimer,OSTimerExpired

>The second is a little more compilcated.  I have a function that recieves a
>character array of 48 positions.  Is there a way to find out how many
>positions are used in a string passed through it or where the null zero is
>located at in the array?

use strlen(pointertomystr); //This returns the number of characters in a
string not counting the 0 terminating byte. Which means this function will
only work on null terminated strings....

>Finally, Is there a function or some code that allows me to print out the
>characters of the calculator using the character numbers found in the
manual?

printf("%u",'c');

have fun,
Greg
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't
get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a
hammer.
-- IBM maintenance manual, 1925