Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TIGCC IDE in Linux

> Yes, it's called Kylix.  It's both Delphi and C++ Builder for both Windows
> and Linux.  Supposed to come out soon.  It has a slightly different
> component library, though.  I won't be getting it for money and disk space
> reasons.

I'm happy to say that I can eliminate one of those concerns for you.  From a
Borland press release:

Pricing and Availability:
Kylix is available in three versions: Server Developer for professional and
corporate Apache Web developers for $1999, Desktop Developer for professional
application developers for $999, and Open Edition for open source and free
software (GPL) developers will be available for free download or for purchase
at $99 (with hardcopy documentation and CD).

Isn't that great!  FREE download of an otherwise $1000 program!  As soon as
it comes out, I'm going to download it, it looks really cool.  I may even try
compiling the IDE with it.  Now all you need is another hard drive, Sebastian.

	James Darpinian

Follow-Ups: References: