[A89] Re: OS install

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: OS install

First, have her remove ALL batteries.  This is VITAL.

Second, haver her hit the on key.  It will seem stupid because, obviously,
it won't turn on.  Trust me on this one though.

Finally, press 2nd-( and then 2nd-).  One of them re-initializes the flash
memory to a hardware backup.  Don't ask me how this works.  I don't know.
All I know is that I have to do this when I cause a processor error and the
calculator completely freezes.

JP

At 04:46 PM 8/28/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I was uploading the AMS to a friend's calc when my batteries cut out and
the calc turned off (old
>alkaline rechargeables that don't hold the charge).  Their calc now has no
OS.  I tried with fresh
>batteries to put an OS on it (push I to install).  The calc will not
acknowledge the transmission;
>it just sits there saying "Waiting to Receive"  Eventually my calc times
out and gives a link
>transmission error.  At the instant this happens, the "waiting to receive"
message blinks.  The
>same thing happened when trying using another friend's calc instead of
mine.  I have tried
>resetting my calc in case any TSRs or anything like that had messed it up.
 If anyone has any