[A89] Link cable interfacing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Link cable interfacing

Hello,

I'm Bart Trzynadlowski, and I'm new to this list. I've just started playing
around with TI-89 programming. You can visit my site at:
http://trzy.overclocked.org for more information about my projects.

Without further delay, I'm interested in knowing how to communicate with a
TI-89 via the link cable. I would like to write my own TI-89 and PC software.
	What baud rate should I use? Is parity required? What about stop bits? Any
other considerations on the PC side?
	Based on the documentation I have, I judge that on the TI-89 side, all I
have to do is enable the link port interrupts and install my own handler.
Then I assume I just send/receive data through the appropriate port. But
when uninstalling my handler, how should I restore the state of the link
hardware. How does the OS expect it to be set up?

Thanks in advance,

Bart