[A89] Re: calling files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: calling files

At 23:32 2001-04-10, you wrote:
>Olle, all I have to do when I type #include "saver.c" if type the function as
>if it were a .h file like all programers!!

I don't know if it is your english that is bad or if it is my understanding
of english that is bad, but I really can't understand what you are trying
to say here.
based on what I think you are saying I answer this:
If you #include .c-files, you lose a lot of the benefits of using multiple
files.
(like faster compile and such)
your code also gets less readable and generally messier. It do work though,
but that is the thing with C... A lot of things _work_, but not as many
things work as well as it could... Very flexible languange, sometimes a
little too flexible for newbies.

about asm. I don't want it portable. I program for the ti89. I, and
probably you also, uses so much ti89 specific in my code, like romcalls and
messing with the VAT and stuff, that it isn't portable anyway. So it really
doesn't matter if routines here and there are in asm for that matter.
And routines like a pixel plotter that needs to be as fast as possible, is
not nice to try to code in C.
Easier to program that directly into asm, then to try to think up the best
C syntax that would generate fastest code... (wich would need a lot of
cross-checking in the assembled files, and and obcene amount of parantheses
and stars and ampersands and stuff...)

///Olle