[A89] moveq #0,dx

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] moveq #0,dx

I recall that a while ago we had a little discussion where we learned that
"moveq #0,dx" is not a valid 68k opcode.  Since you should use clr instead
of moveq to store zero in a register, moveq actually has the range 1 through
8, not zero through seven; if the 68k chip sees the opcode that _would_ be
"moveq #0,dx" it actually stores 8 in that register, not zero.

However, TIGCC had that little bug where it would actually accept and
compile "moveq #0,dx" mistakenly storing 8 in dx, while it would not allow
"moveq #8,dx" which it should.  Was this bug ever fixed?

    -Scott