[A89] Re: A Night's Pondering...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: A Night's Pondering...

actually the gameboy has a modified z80 processor so it would be more suited
towards a 86/83+ for emulations however the smallest allowed size for
gameboy games is 16k so after the emulator was on your calc then you wouldnt
have much room for any games besides pong or whatnot (even after the padding
was stripped from them). also the 89 runs about 10x faster than a gameboy,
5-6x faster than a gameboy color, give or take a little due to the
interrupts. it would definately be possible to make a gameboy emulator on
the 89, esp since texzas is an emulator of a z80 system. interrupts,
registers, calls, etc would have to be added and taken out which might be a
big task. i dont think it's very possible that someone will make one though
because there aren't many games that would be able to be played on your
calculator (at least not games that would be worth it imho)

> Just out of curiousity, would it be possible to create a gameboy emulator
(for the old gameboy [b&w]) on the 89? I've seen Texzas, which is an on-calc
emulator. Is it possible (even though the 89's processor is slower than one)
to create a gameboy emulator??? Or even... a slow, slow, slow emulator... or
Atari...

> ok, enough... these were just some of the things i've been pondering.
>
> ~ S. Thompson

Follow-Ups: References: