Re: A89: ASM Mentoring

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: ASM Mentoring

>From: "Josh 'Gage'" <antgage@apk.net>
>To: <assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: Re: A89: ASM Mentoring
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:18:01 -0400
>

>I know enough C to program my way around, and while I think C type
>languages
>is one of the best languages there is(yet, anyway, there's always new
>ones),
>I am very 'light' on the ASM end.
>
>In fact as I type this, I'm creating a small mod for my LAN party september
>30(simple, all weapons become insanely powerful, ie rocket launcher firing
>as fast as machinegun); I know C well enough, but ASM is tricky.

Yeah, I've seen people do some pretty cool things with TI-GCC. My only
concern is that C is much more code-inefficiant than ASM, making programs
slower and bulkier. This doesn't matter much on PC's, but with a calc's
limited power and mem, it kinda sucks. Although I've been learning C++ for a
little while now, I don't think TI-GCC will compile programs written in C++.
Hey, if you'd be willing to teach me to program C for the 89/92+, I'd be
willing to teach you what I know about the 68k.