Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)

I thought about doing the original zelda... then realized what a job it
would be. If a bunch of people got together to work on it, it would be
possible. Especially if you used a mix of C/ASM (C for ease of  coding, ASM
for the stuff that just sucks done in C), I really think it would be doable.
Anybody interested?

<PSYCHOTICBABBLE>
Now, why I think consoles are still better for playing games -
1. Price - A 150 - 200 dollar console can do better (or at least as well) as
a 3000 dollar computer.

2. It's easily moved around - my computer isn't (sadly)

3. Personal Bias =P - I like Zelda and FF

4. Innovation (at least hardware wise) - all of the new systems use 128 bit
procesors, and can do more at under half the speed of the fastest PC's.

What Nintendo should do to survive -
1. Hire some bettter story writers. Zelda 64 was an awesome game, but the
story <expletive>sucked ass</expletive>. Can you imagine a Zelda with a plot
worthy of FF...mmmmmmmm

2. Speaking of FF, get back in good graces  with Squaresoft. FF games would
sell the console by themselves. I want Zelda and FF on one console!
</PSYCHOTICBABBLE>

Mike