Re: A89: 3d programming (I know how...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: 3d programming (I know how...)

In a message dated 9/12/00 7:04:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
freakonaleash881@hotmail.com writes:

> Abstract algebra is the study of groups, fields, rings, and all sorts of
>  other fun junk. It is the concept of algebra abstracted out (apart from
the
>  system we all know and love).

That sounds about right...I took a course this summer on introductory number
theory and other "abstract" algebra concepts, which included group
theory...let's see if I can remember the 4 stipulations:

1.  closure (perform an operation on any two elements in the set and the
result is also within the set)
2.  identity element (an operation between any arbitrary element and the
identity element results in the arbitrary element)
3.  associative property (ability to perform operations in any order)
4.  can't remember this one...someone mind helping?

At least I thought there were 4...

JayEll