From: owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Michael Cowart
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 6:08 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

Please stop the Microsoft bashing. This isn't the place for it. Take your
anger to www.microsoftsucks.com

Here comes a rant...

<RANT>
Microsoft is not the demon that many people seem to think it is. Win ME has
worked wonderfully for me (have had it over a week, and no crashes). That
doesn't sound like long, but 98 crashed on me at least twice a day. Win2k is
even better (if you want to run old stuff, make your machine dual boot).

Linux is overly complicated (for the average user, at least), and has
virtually no hardware support. Most of the time (even with 98) I would plug
a card in, and voila! it worked. The open source nature of Linux is nice,
but not nice enough to overcome it's current problems.

Haven't tried BeOS yet, but I am considering it (I have a 45 Gig drive, I
don't have to be stingy with partitions any more =) )

To all those people who think Bill Gates is satan, BITE ME! He wouldn't be a
billionaire if his product sucked as much as the MacHeads and LinuxHeads (no
offense intended) say it does. To people who whine about Microsoft running
them out of business, SHUT UP! Make a better product, and it will sell. He
started off in a garage, now he's a billionaire. Be jealous all you want,
but don't whine to the government about it.
</RANT>