A89: Re: emulation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: emulation

> Is there some program out there that emulates the 89 on the 92+?
>
> If not, can somebody tell me how to make one (just changing the keyboard
> codes as read by the programs and possibly making the program detect that
> it's on an 89)

That's not a trivial thing. I think the DoorsOS 89 emulator was looking for
references to the keyboard matrix ports (600018 and 60001B) directly in the
program, and was putting something else instead. The idea would be to
replace read and write access to 600018 and 60001B by a call to a
subroutine, which would translate 89-relatives keys coordinates to 92
coordinates. Then, we would put the resulting mask into the register where
the program wanted to read to (for example if the program was performing a
"move.b ($60001B),d0", we would have to put the mask into d0).