Re: A89: Remapping the Flash Mem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Remapping the Flash Mem

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000, Jeff Flanigan wrote:

> Does anyone know how to remap the flash mem to address
> $000000?

Why would anyone ever want to do that?!?  :-)

> When the calc first starts up (the batteries
> are put in), the flash mem is mapped to address
> $000000.

The reset vector is somehow remapped to $000000-$000007.  Whether the rest
of the ROM is remapped or not is pretty much irrelevant.

> What are the i/o ports used to remap it to
> either $000000 or $200000?

AFAIK there is/are no such I/O port(s).  The remapping is probably enabled
and disabled automatically by dedicated hardware.

--
Johan Eilert

Urv, wrt re rgg xelcgreg abefx ivehf!
Fraq zrt gvyy nyyr iraarar qvar bt fyrgg nyyr svyre cn uneqvfxra qva

Follow-Ups: References: