A89: The switch "-mpcrel" produces syntax errors

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: The switch "-mpcrel" produces syntax errors

Hi everyone!

I tried to apply a patch to TIGCC so that it can produce pc-relative code.
However, the patch seems to have some faults which I need to correct before
releasing the modified GCC.  It works in some cases, in others it produces
instructions such as:

cmp.l (<label>:w,%pc).l,%d1

This produces a syntax error.  The error can be fixed by removing the second
".l", but then an "illegal instruction" error appears when the program is
run.

Does anyone know what could be done to fix this code?  If you think you have
some relevant information, I can also send you the appropriate compiler and
project files.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian Reichelt