A89: Re: HW2 timing test

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: HW2 timing test

> I'm trying to compensate for the difference in timing between HW1 and HW2
> calculators in my program Squarez.  However, I don't have a HW2 calc to
> test it out on.  Could someone (preferably several people) with a HW2 and
> stopwatch test the program I've attatched to this message and tell me how
> long it takes the timer to run down from 9 to 0?  I would appreciate it
> greatly.  Please drop at least one piece before you time it, because the
> timer runs slower the first time it counts down.  Thanks in advance!
> Also, it would be nice if someone could test the 2-player mode between 2
> HW2 calcs or a HW1 and a HW2.  I've only been able to test it with VTI.
> Again, thanks!

The best way to keep HW1 and HW2 calcs the same speed is to use the
interrupts to control a synch counter, although I've forgotten the rates
that auto-int 1 and 5 run at on HW1 and HW2 calcs - I think that Johan might
have the numbers, IIRC, if he or someone else could post them.

For those who haven't heard this before, please do not send files to
majordomo-based mailing lists - it severely screws up the digest version,
which I believe is received by a significant number of people here on A89.
I myself do so, so I did not receive the file that was attached - just the
ASCII equivalent of the binary file (gibberish).  Send it to me personally
off the list and I'll try to run it for you this week.

    -Scott

Follow-Ups: References: