From: owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Sebastian
Reichelt
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 9:24 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: Re: A89: Which is better?

Here's the list of disadvantages and advantages.  BTW: Nobody really
programs in HEX on a TI-89, I think.

ASM:
Adv.:
- highest optimization possible
- direct interaction with system (*possible* in C too)
Disadv.:
- hard to learn
- takes a long time to do something
- hard to find errors (although REAL assembly programmers can do that
without problems)
- hard to read (commenting doesn't always help)
- hard to convert/port

C:
Adv.:
- easy to learn (if you can learn high-level programming easily without
complete documentation)
- easy to switch to from BASIC
- more high-level routines exist (thanks to Zeljko)
- less time for creating programs
- programs become less buggy (usually)
- easy to read
Disadv.:
- might not run at full speed (but usually enough so that the user doesn't
notice it)
- bigger programs
- no debugger (yet)
- external libraries are harder to use (but you don't really need them yet)