Re: A89: TIGCCLIB 2.0 released!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TIGCCLIB 2.0 released!

Zeljko Juric wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Well, I'm very impressed by this one ! I'm wondering, however, if it is
> > possible to perform usual aritmetics operations on big numbers (such as
> > addition, subtraction, ...). Having a look at headers files, it seems
> > that it is not possible, is that the case ?
>
> Multiplication is there, as you can se, but addition and substraction
> are not. In fact, addition and substraction on big numbers are trivial to
> implement (just one line of C code), so if you need this, I can add these
> functions in TIGCCLIB 2.1 (will be released probably one month after
> this release). In a meantime, I can send their implementation to you.

I must admit I'm quite new to TIGCClib. In fact, what I'm looking for is
a method to manipulate very big integers, like in TI-Basic. In timath.h,
I found some functions to use AMS floats, but nothing for AMS integers.

What I would like to do would be to have big integers passed as
parameters to my program. I found the function GetIntArg(), however it
seems that it can only return a "C" integer. Is there a data type
somewhere, similar to BN, that allow to manipulate AMS integers ?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Follow-Ups: References: