Re: A89: TIGCCLIB 2.0 released!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TIGCCLIB 2.0 released!

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 17:31:10 +0200, Jean Canazzi wrote:

> Zeljko Juric wrote:
> >
> > very big integer numbers
>
> Well, I'm very impressed by this one ! I'm wondering, however, if it is
> possible to perform usual aritmetics operations on big numbers (such as
> addition, subtraction, ...). Having a look at headers files, it seems
> that it is not possible, is that the case ?

These "bignum" functions are for RSA encryption and support multiplication
and power only (with modulus arithmetics).

If you want all the usual math stuff, why don't you try integers instead?
(I mean "AMS integers" of course, not "int" in C!) These are even larger
than bignums (~2^2040 compared to 2^512).

/Johan

Follow-Ups: References: