A89: Re: TI-GCC IDE v2.4 with Syntax Highlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: TI-GCC IDE v2.4 with Syntax Highlighting

Hi!

> Now I'm working on v3.0.  That's going to be even bigger.
> Planned are:
> - a sprite editor

Note that TIGCCLIB 2.0 (I hope that it will be released
tomorrow) has sprite.h header file, and supports sprites
up to 32 pixels wide (I hope that wider sprites are rarely
needed).

> - a help file

Don't do this without consultation with me ;-)

> - a function library

What do you mean under "function library"?

> Also, if that's possible, I might provide libraries of object files.
> These would only work with my IDE.  I have an idea on how to do this,
> but I don't know how much time it would take to link everything
> together. It shouldn't take too long, though.

Again, don't do this without consultation with me :-))

Anyway, I think that further developing of C "development kit" must
be with a high degree of cooperation. Independent developing of the
copiler/linker itself, library and environment may be extremely messy
if anybody don't know about what is planed by somebody else... I
also think that VTI must be included in the our "SDK": reduced
version which supports only MC68000 calcs, but which may communicate
with TIGCC+LIB+IDE...

I think that even at this state of development, TIGCC+TIGCCLIB+TIGCCIDE
is better than SDK planed by TI. If I am informed correctly, TIGCC SDK
will have nothing more than:

- the command line assembler, compiler and linker;
- compiler can't produce code greater than 8K except for making flash
  applications (but you must pay 300$ for possibility of making flashapps);
- compiler library will include only TIOS calls (no stdio.h, no stdlib.h,
  no sprites.h etc. like in TIGCCLIB 2.0);
- the documentation, but I hope that soon I will have informations about
  nearly all TIOS calls (look new doc with TIGCCLIB 2.0);

Where is the emulator, where is IDE etc. in their SDK? And where is
their SDK at all??? And 8K limit?????

It seems that TI sucks. We can do it better than they can do...

Zeljko Juric