RE: A89: AIME

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A89: AIME

I get to take it tomorrow. I got a pathetic 96 though. :)
We had 4 people from our school get into AMC, which is, I admit, low. Both
top winners (I came in 3rd) got like 125s or around that - well one's going
to harvard, another to Berkeley (I dunno, he could possibly get into a
top-tier school).
Our spread was basically about 6 people scoring above 80 in AMC>12, and
about 8 doing so in AMC>10. One freshman got ahead of everyone in AMC>10 by
like 30 points, and no one ever heard of him before. In contrast, the
freshman math club members (we only have 3 seniors - us three who got into
AMC - and 4 freshmen in the club, plus a sophomore who didn't take it) did
not do well at all, they didn't get into AMC.

-ak