A89: Re: VGBC (was: Re: [GBC] Could No$ get be dethroned?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: VGBC (was: Re: [GBC] Could No$ get be dethroned?)

> Subject: A89: Fwd: Re: [GBC] Could No$ get be dethroned?

No, because No$ is free - but VGBC is better =)

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about - Rusty (of VTI fame)
wrote a kick-ass Game Boy emulator called (oddly enough) Virtual Game Boy
Color, or VGBC.

This isn't your standard emulator - it was designed for professional
(commercial) development.  All kinds of kick ass features, including the
fact that it actually emulates hardware "quirks" - if something doesn't work
due to a bug in the real hardware, it won't work in VGBC.  And VGBC can
detect that and warn you, too.  And all kinds of other great features, too,
like the ability to view all the tiles/sprites currently loaded in memory.

VGBC is the first GOOD windows-based GBC emulator that I've seen, and, in my
opinion, it beats out no$gmb any day.  But, like I said, it's intended for
commercial development - and there's a price for that.  A demo version will
be released shortly, but the full version will only be for sale.

And no, there's nothing wrong with telling anyone - it was originally
announced on the gb dev lists a few days ago.

Also see graphics studio (the ACZ main page has a news item about it), also
for sale soon.  These aren't for gamers or hobbyists; they're real,
professional tools.

    -Scott