RE: A89: [OT!!] Mail servers.....good one??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A89: [OT!!] Mail servers.....good one??

wonder if I should answer to such an OT message... anyway -
The vast majority of web-based email servers, including flagships Yahoo and
Hotmail, will not offer SMTP access for their own sake - they get money from
ads that you see on their web interfaces. I am not aware of any free mail
servers that offer SMTP access and would be very interested if anyone knows
of one...
-ak

:>Anyway, if there is anyone
:>out there who knows how to get the SMTP server to
:>respond to my requests, I'd appreciate the help
:>(because Yahoo! obviously doesn't like to answer
:>questions about this and leaves it to a stupid
:>automated response system which sucks!).  And, on the
:>same note, what mail services out there work well but
:>are free?  I know hotmail is OK, but I don't think you
:>can access it using POP or SMTP.  Any suggestions??

Follow-Ups: References: