A89: Req: Someone to help me w/ ASM & Genlib

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Req: Someone to help me w/ ASM & Genlib

As I've stated in previous posts, I'm very new to ASM (let alone 68k
ASM) -- I know some of the elementary commands, but that's about it.
Anyway, as I learn 68k ASM from some very helpful texts I've come across
on the net, I would also like to learn how to work with Genlib so that I
can fiddle around with it & (hopefully) start doing some game
programming.

I've taken a look at the example progs that Mr. Pelissier has included
with the Genlib zip -- some of the code I can understand, but a good
portion of it is still Greek to me (even with the comments).  I'm sure
I'll be able to comprehend some of it better as my ASM knowledge grows,
but it would still be great if I could get some additional help.

I've attached one of those examples in this msg -- if you're experienced
in ASM, would it be too much trouble to ask you to explain what each
line of code does in considerably greater detail?  Patrick's comments
are helpful, but they're not very thorough.  I would be ever so grateful
if someone could take the time & do this for me.  Example is the best
teacher, after all :)

Thanks in advance!

Seth Peelle
beat@drigon.com
http://www.drigon.com/~beat

P.S.: I've decided to attach genlib.h itself as well, just in case
anyone is also willing to explain that more in-depth ;)  Is there a
Genlib tutorial out there yet?
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-asm_auto_file; name="GenDhz16.asm"
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-h_auto_file; name="genlib.h"