Re: A89: Re: Game Programming -- Pure Assembly vs. TI-GCC?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Game Programming -- Pure Assembly vs. TI-GCC?

> so will these functions (like sine) work for all real numbers, or does it

> just retrieve a value from a list?

For all real numbers, of course, and even for complex numbers!
Such routines exist in TIOS, they just need to be called using
the proper method. The only problem is in fact that I can't
implement operators like +, -, * and / without modifing the
compiler itself, so instead of

d=a+b*c;

you need to write something like

c=fadd(a,fmul(b,c));

However, I think that such solution is still better than not
having floats at all! Transcedent functions are used using
quite standard syntax:

b=sin(a);

By the way, using C++ it is possible to overload +, - etc.
to fadd, fsub etc. but TI-GCC is not a C++ compiler, just
ordinary C compiler. There is a lot of reasons why C++
compiler is not adequate for computers like TI-89, but I
have not enough time at the moment to elaborate this.

Zeljko Juric