A89: Re: Re: TIGCCLIB 2.1 released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: TIGCCLIB 2.1 released

Hi!

> Can you PLEASE send this to me, so I can finally compile TI-GCC 0.7?
> Thanks a lot.

It just appeared in ticalc archive. Tell me if you can't pick it
from there.

Here is a full list of changes in the documentation. This will take
2-3 hours for you to change (except catalog.html: I don't know what
to do with it):

There is a new doc file: catalog.html. I will distribute it until
your index file would contain everything what is in this file.
After this, I will stop distributing html files and I will
distribute only chm file. But, I want such complete index file.
I think that it can be easily converted automatically to chm
index file, because it is written very consistently. Ask Phillip
about this...

Changes in faq.html: 12 new questions/answers and slight
corrections in existing ones.

Changes in sprites.html: new function Sprite8 is added.

Changes in compat.html: description of TIOS_entries is
slightly changed.

Changes in dialogs.html: link for DialogAddPulldown function
was wrong. Corrected.

Changes in string.html: declaration and description of strcmp
and memcmp functions are changed slightly. Sentence "NOTE:
This header file includes mem.h header file." at the begining
of this file is removed, because this is not true.

Changes in mem.html: declaration and description of memcmp
function is changed slightly.

Changes in kbd.html: Description of _rowread function is
changed slightly (some notes are added). Also, description
of GKeyIn function is slightly updated.

Changes in graph.html: Description of BitmapPut is slightly
updated. Some (fatal) typo errors in description of MULTI_LINE
structure and DrawMultiLines function are corrected.

Changes in statline.html: ST_MODES is replaced by ST_FLAGS
everywhere, because this is the right name of this enum (i.e.
ST_MODES was typo error).

Changes in vat.html: one HTML tag was wrong (in SymCmp there
was </#M> instead of </EM>). This caused problems with Netscape
(but not with IE). This is corrected now.

Changes in system.html: description of idle function is
slithtly updated (some notes are added). Also, two links were
misplaced (links to QUEUE and DEF_QUEUE somewhere in the doc).
This is corrected.

Changes in error.html: description of TRY macro is updated
significantly. Descriptions of ONERROR macro and errCode
variable are slightly updated or corrected.

Changes in estack.html: codes for ROTATE_TAG and OTH_TAG
in Tags list was wrong. Corrected. Also, correct name for
_DELTA_TMPCNV_TAG is DELTA_TMPCNV_TAG. Corrected.

Changes in rsa.html: Informations about BN_prodMod are
updated significantly. Number 2048 is replaced with 2040
in whole doc file (because it was an error). Information
about BN structure is slightly updated. NAME tag for
MD5_CTX structure was wrong (it was BN instead of MD5_CTX):
this is now corrected.

Now, changes in index.html. I will split these changes
by sections, because you splited this file into multiple
parts...

Introductory section: revision num 2.0 replaced with 2.1.
Added link to alphabetical index.

Sections "How to make a program which returns a value like
a TI-Basic functions" and "How to make a program which
returns a value through a variable". Examples in these
sections which use push_ANSI_string functions contained
illegal HTML sequence. Namely, there was construction like
push_ANSI_string (SymPtr->name); in them. Note that ">"
is illegal due to confusion with tag end marker. This is
replaced with push_ANSI_string (SymPtr-&gt;name);
Also, some informations in first of these two sections are
slightly updated.

Section "Informations for ASM programers": example about
DrawClippedEllipse contained wrong datatype (SCR_RECT is
needed instead of ScrRect). Corrected.

Section "Description of all functions and data types": added
link to alphabetical index.

Section "Patches for the TI-GCC": NAME tag (longmul) is added
before "longmul" patch: it is needed due to one link in FAQ
list (you need to replace this link, of course, because it
will not point to index.html file). Informations about gray
patch are slightly changed (number of bytes).

Section "History": added infos about release 2.1.

> I just have one more question:  Since your doc will be included
> in TI-GCC as a .chm file, should I include the HTML files at all?

In fact, no.

> The new setup will check if the viewer is installed and provide
> a link for download if it is not. There will also be a link to
> the doc in the start menu.

Good.

But will your setup work on Windows 95? You told to me that it
works only on NT???

And, please, wait yet one day for examples: I need to update
some of them to become more actual with current library release.

Cheers,

Zeljko Juric