Re: A89: Re: Re: Folder List

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Folder List

Hi!

I finally got around to make the folder/file list header file.  I included a
zip (sorry for posting binaries) that contains Folders.h and a small example
(open it in the IDE).  I hope this is useful to a lot of people, because
lists of folders and files in a folder are used very commonly.  You can
extend the entries, for example to store type information, file size, and
extended attributes.  Sorting may also be enhanced easily.  By default, all
entries seem to be automatically sorted by name (unlike other information).
It might be a good idea to use sorting anyways, though, using the provided
SortByName function.  You can also specify whether to sort in ascending or
descending order.

Using the test program:
When you run it, it asks you for a folder name, then displays a list of
variables in that folder.  If you type in an empty folder name, a list of
non-temporary folders will be displayed.  That's basically it.  You can use
the source as an example to write your own programs.

Just a tip for you programmers, so that you don't have to spend as much time
on it as I did:  Use strncmp for strings with fixed length, such as
SYM_ENTRY::name.  Otherwise, the result will be unpredictable, even if the
strings are different.  It seems that strcmp should stop after the first
character that is different, so the rest should be ignored, but for some
reason that doesn't work.

Bye,
Sebastian
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="folders.zip"

Follow-Ups: References: