Re: A89: C question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: C question

Do you know ansi std C already? Then its a matter of learning about the
ti89 at the system level and reading tigcclib docs. Knowing/learning a
little 68k assembler is good too. If have no experience with C in general,
you should buy a C reference manual and start by making programs for your
PC, then move to programming your calc.  When it comes to programming for
the PC environment, errors and exceptions  tend to be handled more
forgivingly, in my opinion. Worst case scenario on a PC with a decent
operating system is that the program would crash.  On your calc, though,
it could trigger an address error, and you'd have to reset it (not quite
as bad in VTI emu, though, just reload the saved state) and all your mem
will be cleared out.