Re: A89: cpu.txt @ http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: cpu.txt @ http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/

There's something I don't understand about the pinout.
 I always thought that memory mapped I/O ment that off
chip hardware (linkport, LCD, battery level detection,
etc.) responded to different reads/writes over the
address bus.  I thought they were just hooked up to
both the data/address busses and had some circuitry
for interface.  But when I looked at the pinouts, I
saw that some "memory mapped hardware" was interefaced
with special pins on the 68k chip (like the linkport
and batt detection).  Can anyone explain how this
works to me?
- Jeff Flanigan