Re: A89: big problem with ti-gcc ide problem found

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: big problem with ti-gcc ide problem found

| > I think I found the problem with ti-gcc ide.  I need somebody else to
test
| > this.  Just a minute ago I lost everything that I had again.  This time
it
| > was different.  I only did a little bit, so I know how to do it again
very
| > quickly.  The problem is that I was working on my game when I decided to
| > save.  I clicked on Save Project As... And then save it as the same name
| > used before, game.tpr.  Now, what happened was it asked me if I wanted
| > save, and I clicked yes.  Then, it saved something, I'm not sure what,
and
| > also re-loaded the C file that I first started to work with.  So what it
| > actually saves is the project name and the C file that is saved to that
| > project, NOT what you are working on.  What i mean is if I have a C file
and
| > I save it as say, game.c, then save the project with it, when I load
game.tpr
| > it brings up the saved game.c that is there.  Now say I change a few
things
| > in game.c but don't actually right-click on game.c and save, but I go to
the
| > File Menu and click Save All, what it saves to game.tpr is the last
saved
| > game.c, NOT the actual game.c that you have just changed.  I think this
needs
| > to be changed.  By Save All, is that what you were trying to do?  Save
the
| > project and what you are working on?  Maybe you have the 2 in the source
| > mixed up so it saves the game.tpr then the game.c.  I'm sure all you
need to
| > do is switch them around so that it saves game.c first, then game.tpr.
Also,
| > It should save the C file that you are working on automatically
everytime you
| > compile it.  That would be very useful just in case something screwy
happened
| > to your computer.  Last but not least, you should make that "Do you want
| > Open the output folder" something that you can turn off.  That would be
nice.

OK.  I'll be checking this out and working on it.  But now it's 2:30 am, and
I'm just coming home from a Senior trip.  I'll let everybody know as soon as
a fixed version is available at my email.

BTW:  I don't have time to test my own IDE very much, but I think auto-save
in the preferences should work fine.

Bye,
Sebastian