Re: A89: Writing to Flash ROM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Writing to Flash ROM

Hi!

> Thanks to all who responded.  I did finally write to
> the flash rom by following what Zeljko Juric
> suggested.  I did not get my specific program to work
> because the flash protection cannot be disabled in the
> area that I was writing to.  (The block that the first
> part of the AMS code is in also contains the
> certificate.  I figure that TI doesn't want people to
> erase that block with the block erase command.)  Olle
> Hedman was correct when he said that corrupting this
> block could ruin the calc.  But gladly we don't have
> to worry about that :-)

I strongly recommend for anybody who succeeded to write
anything into the Flash ROM to keep source of such
routines exclusively for internal purposes, and not to
release them to the public. Giving such sources to the
public is equal like giving an atomic bomb to an idiot.
These sources may be misused disasterously!!!

Zeljko Juric