A89: Showing Var-Link dialog

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Showing Var-Link dialog

Hello!

    I am trying to make a program that shows the Var-Link dialog, allows the user to select a variable, then returns the name of the chosen variable.  I intend to use this program inside of a TI-BASIC program (it would be very useful to be able to do this in BASIC, TI was stupid not to put it in).  I'm not quite sure how this can be done, however.  I have tried doing it this way:

OldHandler = EV_captureEvents(Handler); /* Handler is my event handler that is meant to capture CM_KEYPRESS events and save them to a string*/

OldHandler(&event); /* event is a CM_KEYPRESS event set to 4141, the code of the Var-Link key*/

Is this correct?  My program generates an address error when I run it, before the Var-Link dialog is displayed.  Is it illegal to call an event handler when it is not actually installed?  I have attatched the complete source code to my program if you want to look at it (it's not very well organized, though). Thanks for any help you can provide!

    James Darpinian

Var-Link.c