A89: Re: Re: A new cake of s**t?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: A new cake of s**t?

Hi!

> I don't know why TI's OS design seems so stupid.  Many things in TI-OS
> are very stupid, such as the 8 (now 24) Kb limit, and the extreme
slowness
> of things in general.  The internal design of the OS, although flexible,
> sacrifices too much speed, in my opinion.  If TI's AMS was as fast as
> Hewlett Packard's, TI-89s would run probably 2-4 times faster than HP
calcs
> because of the faster processor. Then there's TI's redesign of parts of
the
> OS, which probably resulted in those routines being taken out.

But, what is really the point of removing two extremely short routines like
OSVFreeTimer and OSVRegisterTimer? Both of them are not greater than 100
bytes in total! And they have no any influence to speed of TIOS in general!

I expect ADDING new features in future version of AMS or CORRECTING or
IMPROVING existing ones, not REMOVING existing ones, especially if they are
short and if their removing does not lead to any improvement in general!!!

Zeljko Juric