A89: Re: asm question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: asm question

It'll be interesting to see how many responses this question gets.  An
assembly question on an assembly mailing list -- strange.

> How would I make a scrolling routine for a side scroller game like mario?
> haven't been able to figure it out I have the map graphics but I can't

Can or can't figure out the tilemap? (I assume you are talking about a
tilemap)

> figure out how to scroll it could somebody help me?

Pretty much all you do is shift bits.  You have to make sure that the side
you are shifting away from gets some bits too though.  You might want to try
having a buffer one/two/four bytes bigger than the lcd so that all you have
to do is copy the buffer to the lcd (after you have scrolled the buffer).
Also, I am assuming that you are using grayscale.  In that case, you will
have to scroll two `screens'.