Re: A89: Me distributing roms.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Me distributing roms.

To get practical about my case,
Disclamers are bullshit, at least in sweden. And that is where I am. Besides
from that, my "isp" (thats my university) has any right to throw me off the net
anytime they want really, so there is no point in fooling around.
But, if TI doesn't care, I don't think the guys at "abuse" will care either. I
talked with one of them on the phone, and he seemed quite ok to me.
That with "Delete all downloads from this site within 24 hours....", what kind
of crap is that? I didn't know you where allowed to steal other peoples property
if you just "gave it back" within 24h.
I don't know US laws very well either, but I do know you have some laws even
more fucked up then swedish ones, so it isn't all impossible ;)
Anyway, if it is a crime or not, depends very much on wich country the server is
in too.

//Olle

Serial wrote:

> again. Not only do they protect the distrobutor but to make a case against
> someone for being a distrobutor would never make it to court. We're not
> talking about breaking laws here, we're talking about statues. Statues fall
> under responsibility, and for me to post every program on my homepage would
> not be illegal so long as I make it clear to whoever is there that I am not
> responsible for these here zero's and one's your recieving. When you see a
> lot of stuff like this made into cases it's never the person who's
> distrobuting it breaking a law, it's the person violating a term of usage.
> I've only seen 1 or 2 isp's that say you can post full verson software in
> your webspace and large companys do not allow it most of the time because
> they control eachothers business. Now here is the tricky part, if you own
> your own server and are under your own agreement if you post these programs
> without having the orginals yes they can get ya but If i baught photoshop
> and whiped up my lil disclaimer I'm set.
  and "The files on this server are for the sole porpose
> of
> > >  bandwidth..." Close all the loopholes, and you arnt at fault, just the
> > > people
> > >  that download the roms :-)
> > >
> > >  Jeff Barrett

Follow-Ups: References: