Re: A89: Re: help?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: help?

>Because of the way the LCD hardware is wired on HW2. What you see on the
screen
>is actually not what's in the LCD memory, but in a buffer. Whenever you
write to
>the LCD memory whatever was there before gets bumped to the buffer, which
the
>LCD displays. It works like a double-buffer, actually. So to get the GFX
>displayed directly when you don't constantly update the screen you have to
>"write it twice", or copy it to itself.

Niklas, I thought that this was only applicable if you change the screen
memory (page) location, and we can't get that port to work.  I'm under the
impression that every byte is updated as soon as you right to it, but if you
change the screen page without writing to the screen, THEN the screen will
not update.  Only then do you have to copy the screen to itself. . .

    -Scott