A89: TI-CARES

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: TI-CARES

I just called up TI to find out where I can buy a TI-68.  They informed me
that the calculator has been discontinued because it is "obsolete."
Obviously, TI doesn't realize that many competitions no longer allow graphing
calculators and the TI-68 was by far the best scientific calculator available
(It had some symbolic manipulation and could do derivatives and integrals).
TI is throwing business out the window.  Does anyone know where I might be
able find one still available?

TI also informed me that they could not send me the parts to repair my TI-89.
 The screen and/or screen cover was recently damaged.  I refuse to pay $75
plus parts to fix this thing.  Anyone know a suitable replacement part?

Again, TI proves that it definitely cares.

                                            Grant Elliott
                                            <A
HREF="http://www.crosswinds.net/~proganon">Programmers Anonymous</A>